As a trusted provider of AC service in Gainesville, Affordable Heat & Air is committed to keeping your home comfortable all year. We understand the challenges you face with your air conditioning system and aim to help you navigate them. Today, we share ten common AC problems that every homeowner should know.
- Air Conditioner Is Not Turning On: There’s nothing more frustrating than a non-responsive AC on a hot day. This issue could stem from various factors, such as electrical issues, a tripped circuit breaker, or a faulty thermostat. Regular maintenance can help identify these problems before they escalate.
- Air Conditioner Not Blowing Cold Air: If your AC is running but isn’t producing cold air, it might indicate low refrigerant levels or a problem with the compressor. Both issues require professional AC repair in Gainesville, TX. Low refrigerant levels mean a leak needs fixing, while compressor problems could involve replacing the entire unit.
- Air Conditioner Freezing Up Outside Unit: A frozen exterior unit usually points to an airflow problem. Restrictions caused by dirty filters or blocked return air ductwork can cause the unit to freeze, hindering its performance. Regular cleaning and replacement of filters can prevent this issue.
- AC Refrigerant Leak: A refrigerant leak reduces your AC’s efficiency and poses potential environmental hazards. Spotting a leak early and having it repaired by a professional can save you money and protect the environment.
- Inadequate Maintenance: Your AC needs regular servicing to maintain optimum performance like any other machine. Neglecting maintenance results in a decline in AC performance and an increase in energy use. Schedule regular check-ups with your local AC service in Gainesville, TX to prevent this.
- Electric Control Failure: The compressor and fan controls can wear out over time, especially when the AC turns on and off frequently, a common occurrence in oversized systems. An experienced technician can diagnose and fix this problem to restore your AC’s functionality.
- Sensor Problems: AC units feature a thermostat sensor located behind the control panel. If the sensor is knocked out of position, the AC could cycle constantly or behave erratically. A quick adjustment by a professional can resolve this issue.
- Drainage Problems: Humid weather can cause condensate drains to clog, preventing proper drainage. Regular checks during humid weather can prevent water damage to your AC and home.
- Constantly Running AC: A constantly running AC typically indicates a problem with the thermostat or temperature sensor. In addition to causing discomfort, this issue can lead to high energy bills.
- Noisy AC System: A noisy AC could point to a mechanical issue, a refrigerant leak, or an airflow problem. Strange noises should never be ignored as they often signal serious problems.
While some minor issues can be fixed, consulting a professional for major concerns is always best. At Affordable Heat & Air, we provide comprehensive AC repair in Gainesville, TX ensuring your unit functions at its best when needed.
Keep Your Cool With Affordable Heat & Air
Don’t let AC troubles leave you sweating. With Affordable Heat & Air, you have a trusted partner for all your AC needs. Our experienced technicians are ready to ensure your comfort no matter the weather.
Whether routine maintenance or swift repairs, our commitment to providing top-notch service remains the same. We understand the urgency of AC issues and strive to provide prompt, reliable services to restore your comfort and peace of mind.
Experience the difference in quality AC service in Gainesville, TX. Contact us today – your satisfaction is our priority.