An AC can only function at its best if you give it the proper care after air conditioning installation. A dirty AC can bring on many infections and diseases. Because of this, it’s vital to clean and maintain air conditioners before and after the AC season. One of the most frequent issues individuals have is their air conditioner begins to smell bad without regular maintenance.
1. Reason For Feet-Like Smell Coming From The AC:
It Has A Cracked Condensate Pan
A condensate pan break might allow water to flow and collect in one spot. It might make people more susceptible to illnesses and foul odors in the air. Experts for AC replacement in Gainesville, TX, suggest installing a new condensate pan to solve the problem caused by a broken one.
The Air Filter Is Filled With Dirt
Your air filters serve as a collection point for dust, dirt, and moisture. According to AC replacement in Gainesville, TX experts, the AC filter should be changed every three months to maintain a safe and healthy environment.
Dirt Has Gathered On The Coils
If the air coils aren’t correctly maintained, dirt, mildew, and mold can build up and cause foul odors. Your house will fill with this odor.
The Evaporator Coils Have Mold
When you first turn it on, your air conditioner has a foul mold or mildew smell. This happens when debris, moisture, and dust build up on your air conditioner’s evaporator coil, promoting germs and mold development.
The Condensate Drain Is Blocked
The condensate drain collects and discharges any extra condensation drips from the cooling coils outside your home. As a result of blockages and debris buildup in the drain lines, water may clog and seep from the AC unit, giving off an unpleasant odor. Contact a specialist for air conditioner repair in Gainesville if the issue persists.
Oversized Air Conditioner
Your home’s AC may be too large for it. The system’s quick cooling cycles will not effectively dehumidify the air if it is too big. This might promote mold formation, giving off a stench resembling feet.
2. Other Irritating Odors Coming From The AC
- Rotten Eggs: The air conditioner most likely contained a dead insect or animal if your room had a musty scent. Get the dead animal removed and the air conditioner cleaned as soon as possible. If you detect this odor, schedule an air conditioner repair in Gainesville service right away.
- Moldy Odor: The condensed water droplets are gathered and filtered out by the drainage mechanism of every AC. The water will not be drained if the system is broken or the drain is clogged. It will become a haven for all fungi, bacteria, mold, and other pathogens.
3. Treatment For The AC's Feet-Like Odor
Dirty sock syndrome is relatively easy to treat. An HVAC provider must be contacted to arrange an air conditioning repair. Your AC repair specialist will either need to clean the evaporator coil or replace it, depending on how unclean it is. Has a pro cleaned your ductwork? Actions must be taken to prevent recurrence once your air conditioner’s evaporator coil is functioning correctly. It is necessary to clean the HVAC filters regularly. A high-performance air filter called a HEPA filter is another option.