Your outside AC unit is an essential component of your home’s cooling system, especially during hot summers. However, when it fails to turn on, it can cause discomfort and frustration. In this blog, we discuss some of the reasons why your outside AC unit may not be turning on and how the reset button can help.
At Affordable Heat & Air, we understand the importance of a functional AC unit in your home, and we provide top-notch AC service in Gainesville, TX, including AC repair and maintenance services. Our expert technicians have years of experience in diagnosing and fixing AC issues, ensuring that your home remains cool and comfortable throughout the year.
Call us now for dependable and inexpensive AC repair in Gainesville, TX, and the surrounding regions.
Reasons For Outside AC Unit Not Turning On
There are several of the most common reasons why your outside AC unit may not be turning on:
- Power Issues: One of the most common reasons why your outside AC unit is not turning on is due to power issues. Check if the AC unit is plugged in correctly and if there is an electrical issue, such as a tripped breaker or a blown fuse.
- Thermostat Issues: Sometimes, your thermostat may not be set correctly or may malfunction. Ensure that the thermostat is set to the right temperature and that the “Cool” mode is on.
- Dirty Air Filters: Dirty air filters can restrict airflow, making it difficult for your AC unit to function correctly. Ensure that you clean or replace the air filters regularly.
- Condenser Issues: Your outside AC unit has a condenser that cools the refrigerant. Your AC unit may not operate if the condenser is dusty or broken.
- Low Refrigerant Levels: If your AC unit has a low refrigerant level, it can cause the compressor to overheat and shut off.
- Broken Parts: Your outside AC unit has various mechanical components, such as the fan motor, compressor, and capacitor. If any of these parts are broken or malfunctioning, it can prevent your AC unit from turning on.
- Wiring Issues: If there is a wiring issue in your outside AC unit, it can prevent the unit from turning on. Ensure that all wiring is secure and there are no loose connections.
In conclusion, there can be various reasons why your outside AC unit is not turning on, ranging from simple issues like power and thermostat problems to more complex mechanical and wiring issues. It’s best to contact the professionals of AC service in Gainesville, TX, Affordable Heat & Air, to diagnose and fix any AC issues.
What Does The Reset Button Do?
The reset button on your outside AC unit is designed to trip and shut off the unit in the event of an electrical issue or malfunction. When the reset button is triggered, it cuts off the power supply to the AC unit and stops it from running. Resetting the button allows you to clear any electrical faults or issues that caused it to trip in the first place. It’s crucial to remember that resetting the button only provides a temporary solution and shouldn’t be repeated. If your AC unit keeps tripping the reset button, it’s best to contact Affordable Heat & Air for AC service in Gainesville, TX, to diagnose and fix the issue.
Contact Affordable Heat & Air for Reliable AC Services in Gainesville, TX
At Affordable Heat & Air, we provide exceptional AC services. Our team of expert technicians has years of experience in diagnosing and fixing various AC issues quickly and efficiently. We also offer regular maintenance services to ensure that your home remains comfortable throughout the summer.